RealityMine is a technology provider to the market research industry. We use cutting edge technology to help our clients gain a deeper insight into the digital lives of consumers.
We are looking for a candidate to join the engineering team to work on creating cross-browser extensions that will be used to study the internet browsing habits of market research participants. Software Engineers in the Apps Team develop, improve and maintain the applications that collect data on app usage and web browsing habits, with the support of the Apps Team Technical Lead and other colleagues.
The right candidate will be able to work efficiently with their chosen development environment and use browser debugging tools effectively to deliver a best-in-class product that strengthens our capabilities in this area.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Interpreting software development specifications and design documents.
- Writing application code and tests that conform to standards.
- Feeding into the design process on recommended architecture.
- Working alongside engineering, testing, user experience and other roles.
Required Skills and Experience
The perfect candidate has:
- The ability to solve problems and find out/source information
- Good communication skills
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with developing browser extensions
Desirable to have:
- IT related or technical degree is preferred, but it is not required
- Experience developing mobile applications, either native or using cross-platform technologies such as React Native
Benefits we offer:
At RealityMine, we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. This includes:
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Flexi hours with opportunity to work from home one day per week (depending on role)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One-to-one learning and development coaching sessions
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc.
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc.
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like-minded people
- On site bistro café
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
Location: Manchester, England
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!