RealityMine works with the world’s largest market research and measurement businesses to provide a complete view of the websites people visit, the apps they use, the videos they watch, and the products they buy—with all data captured from mobile, tablet and desktop devices. We are leaders in our field with clients relying on us to develop innovative data capture and processing methodologies that provide them with the ability to understand the modern consumer.
As a technical product manager at RealityMine, you will be responsible for helping design and deliver against the company’s product strategy. The role will be varied and include exposure to API design, mobile and desktop apps we use for data capture, web products, networking infrastructure, our data processing pipeline, and the data products that we deliver to our clients.
With a focus on detailed technical requirements, you’ll be instrumental in ensuring that the business can deliver against its ambitious plans in 2020. As well as being comfortable delivering technical specifications that can be delivered against, you’ll also need to be confident in communicating with clients and internal stakeholders across both management and engineering functions.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Head of Product and COO to define both the company’s short and long-term product strategy.
- Communicating roadmap progress to internal and external clients.
- Preparing detailed product specifications with pragmatic requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria for our development teams to act upon.
- Working closely with the engineering and data services teams on the planning, development and delivery of products from initial theory through to go-to-market launch.
- Consulting with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that new products and features will deliver value to the market research value chain and a clear return on investment.
- Conducting research on the competitive landscape and providing recommendations to the business based on findings.
- Preparing client facing release notes and supporting materials in line with new application and data product releases.
- Performing product reviews to assess the relative success of existing products and highlighting opportunities to improve RealityMine’s product range.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality and Health and Safety.
Required Skills and Experience
Who you are:
- You are passionate about building products that will excite our client base, provide them with a great experience, and have a clear path to revenue.
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- You are comfortable speaking directly with clients, sales teams and senior management to understand their product requirements.
- You can bridge the gap between conceptual client lead research practices and technically minded software engineers.
- You can assess requirements from many different sources and prioritise them effectively.
- You can produce high quality product release documentation and are used to supporting sales and marketing teams in their go-to-market efforts.
- You are used to operating in a complex, fast moving environment and are comfortable in navigating external factors beyond your control.
- You are adept at communicating complex technical developments and propositions to a non-technical audience.
- You are well practiced in influencing internal stakeholders and gaining backing for your ideas.
Desirable technical experience:
- Experience working in the market research industry, consumer insight, or within an organisation that has built products from complex datasets.
- Experience in API design, web apps, mobile apps and data products are all desirable.
- Experience working with consumer behavioural data across clickstream, location and other digital sources.
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications – PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Benefits we offer:
At RealityMine, we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. This includes:
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Flexi hours with opportunity to work from home one day per week (depending on role)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One-to-one learning and development coaching sessions
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc.
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc.
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like minded people
- On site bistro café
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
Location: Manchester, England
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!