RealityMine work with the world’s largest market research and measurement businesses to provide a complete view of the websites people visit, the apps they use, the videos they watch and the products they buy; with all data captured from mobile, tablet and desktop devices. We are leaders in our field with clients relying on us to develop innovative data capture and processing methodologies that provide them with the ability to understand the modern consumer.
As a product manager at RealityMine, you will be responsible for helping design and deliver against the company’s product strategy. The role will be varied and you will be comfortable in managing a broad portfolio across APIs, mobile and desktop apps we use for data capture, web products, networking infrastructure, our data processing pipeline and the data products that we deliver to our clients.
Sitting between our clients, sales and development teams, you’ll be a skilled communicator and have a deep understanding of their needs and motivations. With a broad remit, you’ll be as comfortable in delivering technical specifications that can be executed against as you are in developing and presenting new product features to internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Product team to define both the company’s short and long-term product strategy.
- Communicate roadmap progress to internal and external clients.
- Prepare detailed product specifications with pragmatic requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria for our development teams to act upon.
- Work closely with engineering and data services teams on the planning, development and delivery of products from initial theory through to go-to-market launch.
- Consult with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that new products and features will deliver value to the market research value chain and a clear return on investment.
- Conduct research on the competitive landscape and provide recommendations to the business based on findings.
- Prepare client facing release notes and supporting materials in line with new application and data product releases.
- Perform product reviews to assess the relative success of existing products and highlight opportunities to improve RealityMine’s product range.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality, and Health and Safety.
Required Skills and Experience
Who you are:
- You are passionate about building products that will excite our client base, provide them with a great experience and have a clear path to revenue.
- You have excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with an ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- You are comfortable speaking directly with clients, sales teams and senior management to understand their product requirements.
- You can bridge the gap between conceptual client lead research practices and technically minded software engineers.
- You can assess requirements from many different sources and prioritise them effectively.
- You can produce high quality product release documentation and are used to supporting sales and marketing teams in their go-to-market efforts.
- You are used to operating in a complex, fast moving environment and are comfortable in navigating external factors beyond your control.
- You are adept at communicating complex technical developments and propositions to a non-technical audience.
- You are well practiced in influencing internal stakeholders and gaining backing for your ideas.
Desirable Technical Experience:
- Experience working in the market research industry, consumer insight, or within an organisation that has built products from complex datasets.
- Experience in API design, web apps, mobile apps and data products are all desirable.
- Experience working with consumer behavioural data across clickstream, location and other digital sources.
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications – PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
RealityMine’s benefits, what we offer:
Work in a market leading technology company that helps research and marketing professionals achieve unique insights into the mobile and digital lives of consumers.
At RealityMine we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. We love people who are hungry for learning and achievement!
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Purchase/sale of up to 5 leave days pa – after 2 years’ service
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme (for non-commissioned staff)
- Flexi hours with opportunity to work from home one day per week (depending on role)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One to one learning and development coaching sessions
- Online well-being resource centre
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like-minded people
- On site bistro café
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
Covid-19 changes currently in place:
- All staff able to work from home full time
- Flexibility offered on start and end times depending on personal circumstances
- Equipment provided for efficient working from home
- Regular virtual meetings (team and company) – via telephone and video
- Birthday and seasonal gifts
- Monthly fun competitions with prizes
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!