We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join the engineering team to help develop RealityMine’s applications on mobile and desktop devices. The ideal candidate will add to and maintain our applications and SDKs for our clients with the support of the App Team Tech Lead and other, more experienced colleagues, as directed by the App Team Tech Lead.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing software for mobile and desktop applications.
- Understanding requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Interpreting software development specifications and design documents.
- Producing functional documentation on application features.
- Working alongside developer, tester, user experience and other roles.
*Training will be provided where necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
Essential to have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development via formal education or personal development.
- A willingness to learn a broad range of languages and technologies.
- The ability to solve problems and research required information.
- Good communication skills.
Preferable to have:
- A Software Engineering or Computer Science degree is preferred, but not required.
- Experience of programming in Java, Swift or Objective-C.
- Experience of developing mobile or desktop applications for Android, iOS, Windows or MacOS.
- Experience in agile software development lifecycles.
Location: Manchester, England, UK
Salary: Dependent on experience