As a Junior Data Products Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and owning data feeds which enhance the value of the current client offering. This will require creative and detailed analysis of the data reported from thousands of mobile devices located across the globe to determine what is possible, what is feasible and input into RealityMine’s product roadmap.
The role requires timely and accurate delivery against the roadmap as the business strives to develop new data products which uses RealityMine data to make market research simpler or creates new approaches in passive mobile research.
The role involves using Big Data technologies such as AWS, Apache Spark and Amazon Athena. It is essential that solutions developed are technically sound and make use of the technologies available to ensure that they will scale with the business in line with client SLAs, whilst enabling long term robust Market Research
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders to fully understand requirements
- Continued learning about the RealityMine product and the dataset which it generates
- Design and Development of new revenue generating data products
- Maintenance of existing data products to ensure that they evolve with the online landscape
- Delivery of quality code to the infrastructure team
- Reviewing colleagues’ work and providing helpful feedback
- Interacting with team members to fully understand data structure
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality, and Health and Safety
Required Skills and Experience
Essential to have:
- Computer Science or Science/Engineering related degree with software development abilities
- Experience in at least one Object Oriented language e.g.
- Experience with SQL querying
- Exposure to data processing, databases, or Data Analytics/ML technologies
- Understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices.
- Enthusiastic about working with data
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and willingness to help other members of the team.
- Self-driven and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Trustworthy and reliable
Preferable to have:
- Experience of performing data analysis
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in Scala software development experience.
- Exposure to Apache Spark, or another Hadoop-based data processing system.
- Exposure to Source Control e.g., GitHub, SourceTree and Bitbucket
- Agile software development practices
Benefits we offer:
Work in a market leading technology company that helps research and marketing professionals achieve unique insights into the mobile and digital lives of consumers.
At RealityMine we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. We love people who are hungry for learning and achievement!
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking and secure bike shed
- Variety of working environments I.e. standing desks, sofas, private working pods
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Purchase/sale of up to 5 leave days pa – after 2 years’ service
- Life assurance
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Informal dress code
- Cycle to work scheme
- Branded company merchandise
- New company laptop (Dell or Apple Mac – your choice)
- One to one learning and development coaching sessions
- Support and budget available for training programmes
- Online well-being resource centre
- Seasonal office events
- ‘Giving back’ to Charity
- RealityHive social events in person and virtual
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc
- Office table tennis table
- Daily visit from local restaurant ‘Green Fork’ for lunch and snacks purchase
- Building vending machines
- On site showers
- Work from home or in the office – it’s your choice
- Working from home equipment provided I.e. desk, screen and chair
- RealityMine Colleague £100 pot to spend on additional working from home items
- Office days- lunch provided for team meetings, collaborations and business needs
- Flexibility offered on start and end times depending on personal circumstance
- Regular virtual meetings (team and company) – via telephone and video
- Birthday and seasonal gifts sent to your door
- Monthly fun competitions with prizes
- Friday virtual 3pm drinks
- Virtual quizzes and daily celebrations