RealityMine is a technology provider to the market research industry. We use cutting edge technology to help our clients gain a deeper insight into the digital lives of consumers.
The Data Products Team are at the forefront of creating and maintaining a variety of unique data feeds which power real world decisions for clients across the globe. You will be utilising raw data sources of up to billions of rows-a-day and in house bespoke data capture software to produce powerful insights ranging from What show is popular this week on Netflix? to What is the top selling product on Amazon on Prime Day?
As a Junior Data Product Engineer, you will be immersed into the world of big data, using tools and languages such as:
- A variety of AWS services, e.g. EMR, Athena, Glue, QuickSight and S3.
- Spark, Scala, SQL and Python.
- The Atlassian platform (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence).
- Azkaban for workflow management.
- Our own in house developed data capture and IDE tools.
Our data feeds are powered by data reported from thousands of mobile devices located across the globe, so a creative approach and keen eye for detail is needed to discover what new products and insight can be derived from such a vast source of data.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
In addition to data feed creation and maintenance, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Review colleagues’ work and provide helpful feedback.
- Create QuickSight dashboards.
- Help clients gain insights into the RealityMine products.
- Engage in technical and product driven meetings.
- Benefit and learn from cross team collaboration.
- Pursue personal development.
Required Skills and Experience
Essential to have:
- Some experience in at least one of the following languages
- Experience with SQL querying
- Exposure to data processing, databases, or Data Analytics/ML technologies
- Understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices.
- Enthusiastic about working with data.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and willingness to help other members of the team.
Preferable to have:
- Experience of performing data analysis
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in Scala software development experience.
- Exposure to Apache Spark, or another Hadoop-based data processing system.
- Exposure to Source Control e.g., GitHub, SourceTree and Bitbucket
- Agile software development practices
Benefits we offer:
Work in a market leading technology company that helps research and marketing professionals achieve unique insights into the mobile and digital lives of consumers.
At RealityMine we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. We love people who are hungry for learning and achievement!
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking and secure bike shed
- Variety of working environments I.e. standing desks, sofas, private working pods
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Purchase/sale of up to 5 leave days pa – after 2 years’ service
- Life insurance
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Informal dress code
- Cycle to work scheme
- Branded company merchandise
- New company laptop (Dell or Apple Mac – your choice)
- One to one learning and development coaching sessions
- Support and budget available for training programmes
- Online well-being resource centre
- Seasonal office events
- ‘Giving back’ to Charity
- RealityHive social events in person and virtual
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc
- Office table tennis table
- Daily visit from local restaurant ‘Green Fork’ for lunch and snacks purchase
- Building vending machines
- On site showers
- Work from home or in the office – it’s your choice
- Working from home equipment provided i.e. desk, screen and chair
- RealityMine Colleague £100 pot to spend on additional working from home items
- Office days- lunch provided for team meetings, collaborations and business needs
- Flexibility offered on start and end times depending on personal circumstance
- Regular virtual meetings (team and company) – via telephone and video
- Birthday and seasonal gifts sent to your door
- Monthly fun competitions with prizes
- Friday virtual 3pm drinks
- Virtual quizzes and daily celebrations