RealityMine is a technology provider to the market research industry. We use cutting edge technology to help our clients gain a deeper insight into the digital lives of consumers.
As an infrastructure software engineer, you will be responsible for helping develop functionality of our VPN infrastructure that is used to study the internet browsing habits of market research participants. As part of RealityMine’s engineering team, you will develop and improve the systems that manage and collect data on browsing habits and—with the support of the Cloud Architect and other colleagues—develop infrastructure improvements, primarily on AWS, but also OpenStack and other cloud platforms.
The perfect candidate will be able to leverage cloud-native tooling, design patterns and services to deliver best-in-class products, while also being comfortable working with services in places where cloud-native tools aren’t always available.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Interpreting software development specifications and design documents.
- Writing application code and tests that conform to standards.
- Feeding into the design process on recommended architecture, products and tools.
- Using best-practice design patterns for cloud applications.
- Producing documentation on application usage.
- Working alongside engineering, testing, user experience and other roles.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality and Health and Safety.
Required Skills and Experience
The perfect candidate has:
- The ability to solve problems and find out/source information
- Good communication skills
- Strong PHP skills for API development (Laravel/Lumen)
- Experience in AngularJS
- Willingness to achieve AWS certifications
Desirable to have:
- IT related or technical degree is preferred, but it is not required
- Developer knowledge of AWS products such as Lambda, SQS, CloudWatch and S3
- Working knowledge of VPN systems
- Experience in Puppet, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Understanding of networking technologies such as DNS, IPSEC
Benefits we offer:
At RealityMine, we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. This includes:
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Flexi hours with opportunity to work from home one day per week (depending on role)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One-to-one learning and development coaching sessions
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc.
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc.
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like-minded people
- On site bistro café
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
Location: Manchester, England
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!