RealityMine is a technology provider to the market research industry. We use cutting edge technology to help our clients gain a deeper insight into the digital lives of consumers.
We are looking for a candidate to join the engineering team to help develop functionality of our measurement systems that is used to study the internet browsing habits of market research participants.
Infrastructure Software Engineers develop and improve the systems that manage and collect data on browsing habits and develop infrastructure improvements on AWS and other cloud providers.
The right candidate will be able to leverage cloud-native tooling, design patterns and services to deliver best-in-class products, while also being comfortable working with services in places where cloud-native tools aren’t always available.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Interpreting software development specifications and design documents.
- Writing application code and tests that conform to standards.
- Feeding into the design process on recommended architecture, products and tools.
- Using best-practice design patterns for cloud applications.
- Producing documentation on application usage.
- Working alongside engineering, testing, user experience and other roles.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality and Health and Safety.
Required Skills and Experience
The perfect candidate has:
- The ability to solve problems and find out/source information
- Good communication skills
- Strong PHP skills for API development (Laravel/Lumen)
- Linux experience
Desirable to have:
- Developer knowledge of AWS products such as Lambda, SQS, CloudWatch and S3
- Working knowledge of VPN systems
- Experience in Puppet, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Understanding of networking technologies such as DNS, IPSEC
- Experience in AngularJS
Benefits we offer:
Work in a market leading technology company that helps research and marketing professionals achieve unique insights into the mobile and digital lives of consumers. At RealityMine, we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. We love people who are hungry for learning and achievement! This includes:
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Purchase/sale of up to 5 leave days pa – after 2 years’ service
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme (for non-commissioned staff)
- Flexi hours with opportunity to work from home one day per week (depending on role)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One to one learning and development coaching sessions
- Online well-being resource centre
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like-minded people
- On site bistro café
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
Covid-19 changes currently in place:
- All staff able to work from home full time
- Flexibility offered on start and end times depending on personal circumstances
- Equipment provided for efficient working from home
- Regular virtual meetings (team and company) – via telephone and video
- Birthday and seasonal gifts
- Monthly fun competitions with prizes
Location: Manchester, England
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!