As a Data Products Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and owning data feeds which enhance the value of the current client offering. This will require creative and detailed analysis of the data reported from thousands of mobile devices located across the globe to determine what is possible, what is feasible and input into RealityMine’s product roadmap.
The role requires timely and accurate delivery against the roadmap as the business strives to develop new data products which uses RealityMine data to make market research simpler or creates new approaches in passive mobile research.
The role involves using Big Data technologies such as AWS, Apache Spark and Amazon Athena. It is essential that solutions developed are technically sound and make use of the technologies available to ensure that they will scale with the business in line with client SLAs, whilst enabling long term robust Market Research.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders to fully understand requirements.
- Continued learning about the RealityMine product and the dataset which it generates.
- Design and development of new revenue generating data products.
- Maintenance of existing data products to ensure that they evolve with the online landscape.
- Delivery of quality code with appropriate unit and integration tests to the Infrastructure Team.
- Reviewing colleagues’ work and providing helpful feedback.
- Interacting with team members to fully understand data structure.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality, and Health and Safety.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of professional programming experience in data processing and manipulation with at least two of the following:
- Scala / Apache Spark / Hadoop;
- R / Python at scale; or
- SQL development experience
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies
- Understanding of high quality coding and testing practices
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and willingness to help other members of the team.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Exceptional Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Bright attitude, willing to help other members of the team
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Demonstrable experience in Scala software development
- Exposure to Apache Spark, or another Hadoop-based data processing system
- Experience with and knowledge of database technologies
- Experience with and knowledge of infrastructure automation
- Agile software development practices including continuous integration, automated testing and deployment
- Exposure to Source Control, e.g. GitHub, Sourcetree and Bitbucket.
RealityMine’s benefits, what we offer:
Work in a market leading technology company that helps research and marketing professionals achieve unique insights into the mobile and digital lives of consumers. At RealityMine, we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. We love people who are hungry for learning and achievement! This includes:
- Hybrid Working
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Purchase/sale of up to 5 leave days pa – after 2 years’ service
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme (for non-commissioned staff)
- Flexi hours
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One to one learning and development coaching sessions
- Online well-being resource centre
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like-minded people
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
- Birthday and seasonal gifts
- Monthly fun competitions with prizes
Covid-19 changes currently in place:
- All staff able to work from home full time
- Flexibility offered on start and end times depending on personal circumstances
- Equipment provided for efficient working from home
- Regular virtual meetings (team and company) – via telephone and video
Location: Manchester, England
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!