As a Data Products Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and owning data feeds which enhance the value of the current client offering. This will require creative and detailed analysis of the data reported from thousands of mobile devices located across the globe to determine what is possible, what is feasible, and input into RealityMine’s product roadmap.
This role requires timely and accurate delivery against the roadmap as the business strives to develop new data products which use RealityMine data to make market research simpler and create new approaches in passive mobile research. This role involves using Big Data technologies such as AWS, Apache Spark and Amazon Redshift. It is essential that solutions developed are technically sound and make use of the technologies available to ensure that they will scale with the business in line with client SLAs, whilst enabling long term robust market research.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders to fully understand requirements.
- Continued learning about the RealityMine product and the dataset which it generates.
- Design and development of new revenue generating data products.
- Maintenance of existing data products to ensure that they evolve with the online landscape.
- Delivery of quality code with appropriate unit and integration tests to the Infrastructure Team.
- Reviewing colleagues’ work and providing helpful feedback.
- Interacting with team members to fully understand data structure.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality, and Health and Safety.
Required Skills and Experience
The perfect candidate has:
- 2+ years of professional programming experience in data processing and manipulation with at least two of the following:
- Scala / Apache Spark / Hadoop;
- R / Python at scale; or
- SQL development experience.
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
- An understanding of high quality coding and testing practices.
- A willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a willingness to help other members of the team.
- Excellent organisation skills and pays exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- A bright attitude and a willingness to help other members of the team.
- Is trustworthy and reliable.
Preferable to have:
- Demonstrable experience in Scala software development.
- Exposure to Apache Spark, or another Hadoop-based data processing system.
- Experience with and knowledge of database technologies.
- Experience with and knowledge of infrastructure automation.
- Agile software development practices including continuous integration, automated testing and deployment.
- Exposure to Source Control, e.g. GitHub, Sourcetree and Bitbucket.
Benefits we offer:
At RealityMine, we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. This includes:
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Flexi hours with opportunity to work from home one day per week (depending on role)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One-to-one learning and development coaching sessions
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc.
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc.
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like-minded people
- On site bistro café
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
Location: Manchester, England
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!