Working in the data pipeline team whose main function is developing a real-time data processing and analytics system for the RealityMine market research data platform.
You will be working on complex problems in a challenging and fun environment, using some of the latest Big Data open source technologies like Apache Spark, as well as Amazon Web Service technologies including Elastic MapReduce and Redshift.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhering to company policies and procedures with respect to Security, Quality, and Health and Safety.
- Developing software to receive, process and generate reports on data from client devices.
- Developing infrastructure automation and scheduling scripts.
- Supporting the production systems running the deployed software.
- Reviewing colleagues’ work and providing helpful feedback.
- Working with stakeholders to fully understand requirements.
- Interacting with team members to fully understand data structure.
Required Skills and Experience
- Programming experience doing data processing and manipulation
- Knowledge of Spark, Scala or OO language such as Java or C#.
- Scala is the main development language for our data pipeline, so if not already familiar with it, you will be expected to learn it as part of your work
- SQL or Python development experience
- Understanding of high quality coding and testing practices
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude, willing to help other members of the team
- Demonstrable experience in software development
- Exposure to Apache Spark, or another Hadoop-based data processing system
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies
- Database technologies
- Infrastructure automation
- Agile software development practices including continuous integration, automated testing and deployment
RealityMine’s benefits, what we offer:
Work in a market leading technology company that helps research and marketing professionals achieve unique insights into the mobile and digital lives of consumers. At RealityMine, we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. We love people who are hungry for learning and achievement! This includes:
- A dynamic and friendly office in Trafford Park, with free parking
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Purchase/sale of up to 5 leave days pa – after 2 years’ service
- Life assurance
- Performance based bonus scheme (for non-commissioned staff)
- Flexi hours with opportunity to work from home one day per week (depending on role)
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- One to one learning and development coaching sessions
- Online well-being resource centre
- Free breakfast, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, snacks, etc
- Friday afternoon beers
- Chill Out room for gaming, etc
- On site showers
- Great social calendar with like-minded people
- On site bistro café
- Informal dress code
- Celebrations and ‘Last Friday of the Month Lunch’
Covid-19 changes currently in place:
- All staff able to work from home full time
- Flexibility offered on start and end times depending on personal circumstances
- Equipment provided for efficient working from home
- Regular virtual meetings (team and company) – via telephone and video
- Birthday and seasonal gifts
- Monthly fun competitions with prizes
Location: Manchester, England
We are a fast-paced organisation, we embrace change, and we stay true to our start-up roots. We want candidates with a thirst for knowledge, a desire to learn, a positive attitude, and a passion for implementing great technology.
If this sounds like you, then get in touch!