RealityMine passive monitoring enables market research organisations to establish sophisticated consumer insights utilising data captured from thousands of mobile devices across the globe. This data is fundamental to the RealityMine proposition.
The Data Analyst role is responsible for providing supporting analysis across all areas of the data pipeline—from data capture to data delivery—to ensure data integrity, device compliance, product stability, and the delivery of data in the form of ‘research ready’ data feeds and dashboard suites which visualise insights across key products, such as app use, website visits, Netflix consumption and Amazon purchases.
The breadth and volume of data is significant and there are a range of exciting technologies available to transform, visualise and inform users regarding critical measures. It will be necessary to establish requirements relating to key functionality and reporting tolerances to build a suite of reports which will alert the appropriate colleagues via a suitable method in a suitable time frame—along with the opportunity to develop client reporting to ensure optimal market research panel performance.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing optimised and quality SQL queries.
- Data visualisations.
- Developing new ETL processes and updating existing ones using a range of different technologies.
- A willingness to use and learn new technologies to improve business processes.
- Leading and taking ownership of projects and managing these across the business and with our clients.
- Documenting processes.
- Developing business relationships with colleagues across the organisation and with our clients.
- Upholding and promoting the customer experience to ensure we go above and beyond for our clients.
- Ensuring development includes security and performance considerations.
- Cross-skilling with other team members in various technology areas, e.g. Database Admin, Data Engineering, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of high quality Business Intelligence reporting solutions.
- Strong skills in extracting and transforming data using SQL (PostgreSQL or Amazon Redshift preferred).
- Experience analysing large datasets and visualising insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ETL skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop a good working relationship with their peers.
- A bright attitude and a willingness to help other members of the team.
- Is trustworthy and reliable.
Preferable to have:
- An all-round knowledge of traditional Data Warehouse methodologies.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Redshift Spectrum; and
- Tableau, QlikView, QuickSight, Reporting Services or other visualisation tools.
Location: Manchester, England
Salary: Dependent on experience